Women's Football Week
Women's Football Week 6th - 12th October 2014 & 2nd - 8th March 2015.
The Mission - To increase female participation at universities by 3000 new female players/coaches/referees by March 2015. If this is achieved BUCS Football Development will donate £1000 to Marie Curie.
Following the fantastic success of Women’s Football Week (WFW) in October 2014, British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS), English Colleges FA (part of AoC Sport) and The Football Association (FA) are delivering a follow up week of action to enable more females to continue and start enjoying the game. With the launch of the new Sport England ‘This Girl Can’ campaign we thought it would be a fantastic opportunity to run a second week of action.
The focused week of action aims to catalyse female participation in sport with educational institutes by inviting you to deliver a minimum of one activity, just for women. WFW 2014 saw 1415 women from further education and higher education take part in activity across 80 institutions. Activity in Higher Education resulted in 500 participants with around 14 institutes delivering.
How to get involved?
- - From the right hand tab download the Women's Football Week resource pack to give you more information and ideas of how to deliver #WFW
- - Email Lee Warren that you will delivering some activity
- - Lee will then send you some online resources you can use
- - Start the WFW buzz, use the WFW logo, get your activators involved, create ambassadors, innovative ideas, and start recruiting participants to attend
- - Deliver your excellent activity from the 2nd - 8th March. Once you have delivered send us a quick text to 07500 700 315 detailing, the date, your university, number of participants at your event and the type of activity
- - Get involved on social media via @BUCSSport use the hash tag #WFW, we will be retweeting away
- - Follow the online totaliser and see the impact that we are having together, click here
- - Finally and most importantly - Sustain the buzz and carry on delivering and growing after the impact week
We have also provided a list of other downloads which you might find useful they can be found in the downloads section on the right hand side
Best of luck to you all in delivering quality Women’s Football Week projects
If you have any questions you can contact
Lee Warren - BUCS Football Development Coordinator
E - Lee.Warren@bucs.org.uk
T – 020 7633 5080 M – 07795 265347